Brit dad-of-two drank himself to death in Bangkok red-light district, cops believe as ‘CCTV shows him staggering through hotel lobby’

A BRIT tourist died in his hotel room in Bangkok after drinking too much alcohol, Thai police have claimed.

Luke Ramage, 31, had just arrived in Thailand with friends for a trip around South-East Asia and checked into a hotel in the Patpong red light district of the city.

Luke and his friends went out to bars after arriving in Bangkok
Randolph Investigations

The dad-of-two went out the area’s bars and later that evening he was seen on CCTV staggering through the reception of the Bavana hotel with his pals trying to get him into his room.

They took a lift to the fifth room then left him on the bed before walking back out to go to continue drinking.

Hours before his death Luke posted a Facebook photo of himself with two pals in a Bangkok bar.

He wrote: “Keeeeeemon. Boys on tour.”

Randolph Investigations

Cops say they don’t suspect foul play in Luke’s death[/caption]

Randolph Investigations

Luke, who works for a cleaning firm, had planned to attend a full moon party in Phuket and was also scheduled to visit Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos[/caption]

The hotel manager said the men returned in the early hours of the morning, before waking up and reporting at around 8:30am that their ”friend had died”.

Luke was originally feared to have been murdered and it was reported that his room’s safe was open.

Police said they have now spoken with the pair, who claimed they fled because they ”panicked” and did not know what to do.

Lieutenant Colonel Chayupon from the Bang Rak district police station, which is handling the case, said alcohol is now believed to be the cause of Luke’s death.

”The cause of death has not been confirmed. We suspect that it was due to drinking too much alcohol,” he said.

The boss of the Bavana hotel said security guard tried to resuscitate Luke

”We don’t think there is anything suspicious. We expect it was an accident so we are not investigating it. It’s finished.

”We found the two friends and asked them questions about what they had been doing and what time they came back.

”They said they left their friend because they did not know what to do. They checked out of the hotel and said they would go to Pattaya.

”We have not arrested them. I don’t think there was any foul play from them.”

Luke, who works for a cleaning firm, was planning a trip to Phuket and was also due to head to Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos before returning to Thailand.

The boss of the Bavana hotel said CCTV and it shows checking in to the hotel on December 14.

“He went to his room then went out again very quickly with two friends.

”He returned later that evening and was very drunk. His two friends helped him up to his room and took him inside.

“Then a little bit later they came back out and closed the door. Then they went out again to party. “The friends came back a few hours later.”

He said that they told security at about 8:30am that there friend was dead but then vanished.

“The security sent upstairs to check and when they came back down the men had disappeared,” said the hotel boss.

“Police and an ambulance were called. The security guard tried to resuscitate Luke but he was already dead. We told the police that the friends he was with had gone.

”I’m very sorry for his family. I would like them to know how sad we are for them.”

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.’